What's New in Version 4.2
- Automatic differentiation: symbolic computation of derivatives, gradients and Jacobians.
- Extensible with built-in support for derivatives of methods in System.Math and most elementary and special functions in the library.
- Backward differentiation with common sub-expression elimination generates optimal evaluation.
- New SymbolicMath class that lets you optimize functions and solve equations specified as lambda expressions using automatic differentation.
- New properties on optimizer and equation solver classes to support automatic differentation.
- New methods of the NonlinearCurve class to enable creation of a curve from a lambda expression using automatic differentation.
- Evaluation of (sequences of) classic orthogonal polynomials: Chebyshev (1st and 2nd kind), Hermite, Laguerre, Legendre and Gegenbauer.
- Stepwise linear regression.
- Regression fits of linearized curves: logarithmic, power, exponential, reciprocal…
- Chi-square test for proportions.
- 2x2 and RxC Contingency tables.
- Improved hypothesis test API.
- Extended methods and properties of logistic regression models.